Content marketing isn't just a blog that makes money. Using your creativity and know-how, you can make something cool, then use it to market a product. From copyblogger.com's Content Marketing 101 series, highlights from their list of 49 content marketing tactics:
- Content doesn't have to just be online. Many businesses can benefit from sending a paper newsletter to existing customers.
- Direct mail.
- White papers.
- Free e-course delivered via email.
- Free tele-classes.
- Build a Facebook page.
- Compile your best blog posts into a book.
- Contribute to online forums in your topic area.
- Convert your best blog post to PowerPoint, then to a YouTube video.
- Use Twitter for relationship-building.
- Create a virtual conference with 5 or 6 of the best people in your topic.
- Create a buyer's guide, but don't make it too self-serving.
- Collect weird stories from sources your audience normally doesn't encounter and find analogies from them to relate back to your topic.
- Don't call it a blog. Use a label that resonates with your readers.
- Review everything.
- Create a "10 Best" post for a topic subject to information overload.
- Make an absurd comparison.
Remember to be generous and creative.View Original Article