Guest posting on another blog can offer a tremendous opportunity to increase your own traffic and engagement. But there are several guest posting pitfalls that you must avoid to get the best results.
- Too Timid - Show confidence. Sell your ideas. Follow your pitch and don't waste the reader's time.
- Failure to Startle the Readers - Show competence. Start with a bang and grab attention. Don't be cautious or quiet.
- Imitating or Copying Content - Cover old ground in a new or interesting way.
- Shamelessly Plugging Your Own Blog - Spamming links to your blog won't work and will likely lead to fewer guest posting opportunities.
- Flat Ending - End with a strong call to action.
- Failure to Follow Up - Reply to comments. Promote your guest post on Twitter, Facebook and your blog.
View Original Article