Forrester Research explains the benefits and strategies of integrating email with search, two to the most commonly used interactive channels. Doing so provides a simple, low-risk introduction to integrated marketing.
Why Integrate Email and Search?
- 90% of marketers already use these tools.
- In most firms, interactive is managed by one or a few colleagues, making planning easier.
- Because email is cheap, coordinating email with search may improve overall cost efficiencies.
- Messaging across channels reinforces the brand and provides a consistent experience.
How to Integrate Email and Search?
- Use search and landing pages to drive email registration.
- Use search data to learn customer intent and target email content accordingly.
- Repurpose email newsletters into keyword-rich content to improve SEO.
- Test the performance of offers in both channels can inform content decisions in the other.
- Coordinate messaging in both channels. Time keyword buys with email messaging.
Lessons learned by tying together email and search will help interactive marketers integrate multiple channels and data sources.Download Forrester Research Report