Forrester Research explains the benefits and strategies of integrating email with search, two to the most commonly used interactive channels. Doing so provides a simple, low-risk introduction to integrated marketing.
Why Integrate Email and Search?
- 90% of marketers already use these tools.
- In most firms, interactive is managed by one or a few colleagues, making planning easier.
- Because email is cheap, coordinating email with search may improve overall cost efficiencies.
- Messaging across channels reinforces the brand and provides a consistent experience.
- Use search and landing pages to drive email registration.
- Use search data to learn customer intent and target email content accordingly.
- Repurpose email newsletters into keyword-rich content to improve SEO.
- Test the performance of offers in both channels can inform content decisions in the other.
- Coordinate messaging in both channels. Time keyword buys with email messaging.
Download Forrester Research Report