Below is a short video from Matt Cutts at Google talking about the importance of body content. Many SEOs, especially in the "old days" put most of their emphasis on the "Head" of the document such as:
The benefits of having a Google + business page are huge. Besides the fact that there are millions of users that you can reach, Google + makes it easier for you to market your business. This is because your marketing efforts on Google + can directly influence your search ranking on Google. What does this mean? It means that having a Google + business page provides your company with a win-win situation! The following are 3 ways that the use of Google + changes search marketing on Google:
- Posting to the public on Google + - Whenever you post anything on your Google+ page, whether its text, images, videos or links, Google will index them. This means that the content you have posted will appear higher on Google’s search engine ranking for individuals doing related searches that are Google + members. For non Google+ members, this content may not be ranked as highly. But this means that the more people connect with you via Google +, the more people will find your content via Google’s search engine.
- Sharing links – Google loves quality links. This means that when you share a link on Google +, whether it’s a link to your blog or a link to your website, you can help to increase its search ranking. This is because whenever you share a link, Google + users can add comments, share or +1 the link, which helps to add to the link’s authority – thereby helping to increase the link’s search ranking.
- Linking your Google + business page with your website – The more you link your website with your Google + business page, the higher it will rank on Google’s search results. You should install a Google + Badge on your website to ensure that both visitors and Google itself know that the Google + business page is yours, helping to provide your site with the level of authenticity many sites don’t have. You should also add your website to your Google + page profile in order to help tell Google where your website is. By linking one to the other and vice versa, you’ll improve your experience and ranking on Google itself.
If you’re not using Google + for business yet, you should be. Google + has millions of users, making it the perfect platform to increase brand awareness and loyalty. Not to mention that its run by Google, arguably the largest and most important search engine on the Internet, which means that properly using Google + could help you SEO strategy. One of the features that you should use if you use Google + for business is the Google +1 button.
Out of all the available social networks, Google+ used to be perceived as a lesser option for most. This, however, is simply not true. It is worth having a presence on Google +, especially if you are promoting a business. There are, after all, over 40 million active members on Google +. Not to mention that because it’s run by Google, having a business page on Google + will help you to achieve better search results through Google. So if you haven’t already, set up a Google + business page, the following are a few tips to help you get started:
- Setting up an account – First of all, in order to set up a business page on Google +, you’ll have to open a personal account. You can do this by setting up a gmail address for multiple members of your marketing team. Once you have a personal account, you’ll be able to set up your business page.
- Setting up your business page – Go to the create a page category on your Google + account. You’ll be able to classify your page from a number of options that include “Local Business or Place,” “Product or Brand,” “Company, Institution or Organization,” “Arts, Entertainment or Sports,” or “Other.” Once you make your selection, you’ll want to fill in all the basic information, such as your company name, your company’s website URL, and your company’s industry.
- Customize your business page – Once the basics are out of the way, you can customize your business page by adding a tagline and uploading a profile photo, such as your company logo.
- Promoting your business page – Before you begin promoting your page, share a few posts first. Add some valuable content and links so that when you begin promoting your page, visitors won’t end up on a business page with nothing of value on it. Begin by having team members and employees become fans of your page. Ask customers and partners as well. Make sure that you have links to your Google + page available on your website as well as on your blog, so that readers can easily share your content on their personal Google + profiles.
Want more tips? Download our free guide below: