Like most things in life, you have to put some effort in to get anything out. This holds true for LinkedIn and the features that it provides its users. From basic to more advanced, the site offers features that everyone in business should take advantage of to make the greatest impact on their success.
From Hubspot, here's an infographic about how to use technology to move prospects and leads through your sales funnel.
Understanding Marketing Automation
From Eloqua and JESS3, here's an infographic that explains content marketing in terms of business objectives, prospect goals and distribution channels.
View Original Article
Khoa Bui in Entrepreneur Magazine talks about how to make the most out of your "Contact Us" page. Having a "Contact Us" page on your site legitimizes your business by making it possible to communicate with a real person. But it's also a great way to gather leads.
- Have a contact form on every page, or almost every page, of your site. Making that easy to get to makes it more likely visitors will take action.
- Have a call to action, and word it in a why that prompts visitors and instructs them how.
- Craft your call to action in a way that relates to the goals of your target traffic.
- E.g. "To contact us, simply enter your first name, e-mail address, and comments below and we'll send you a free copy of our e-book The Seven Ways to Double Your Income, valued at $29.95. Contact us now."
- Larger font, to stand out
- Include verbs or "doing" words
- Incentives: Freebies, discounts, coupons
- Remove risk by stressing that there's no obligation
- Give exact instructions on how to find and complete contact form
- Don't require too much information
- Don't bury the contact form on the page
- Keep it simple
View Original Article
Manticore is providing a free download of The Lead Nurturing Cookbook on its Funnel Focus blog. The eBook provides seven "recipes" for creating effective lead nurturing programs.
- Demand Generation
- Inbound Lead Qualification
- Extended Lead Nurturing
- Sales-Driven Lead Nurturing
- Tradeshow Lead Follow-up
- Customer Education
- Revival Lead Nurturing
View Original Article and Download eBook
The Future of Marketing: The Evolution from Demand Generation to Revenue Performance Management is a free webinar from the B2B Lead Roundtable that explains how companies are using revenue performance management to achieve competitive differentiation.
How do most salespeople invest their time? This review of the 2011 Sales Optimization Survey from CSO Insights, indicates that much of their time isn't spent selling. The survey collecting data from over 2000 companies on more than 100 sales effectiveness metrics. Here are some highlights:
- Find and attract leads
- Uncover qualified leads
- Establish automated marketing processes
- Lift results
- How can I address the top challenges facing B2B marketers?
- Who are you targeting? Identifying buyer personas.
- What are the best tactics in content development?
- What are the steps to creating an effective webinar strategy?
- How can you generate leads with a social media strategy?
- Is bad data hurting your business? Database quality and maintenance.
- How do you define a qualified lead?
- What do you ask when selecting an automation platform?
- What are the best tactics for delivering marketing value?
- What are the best tactics for improving marketing and sales analysis?
- Improving any part of the marketing/sales funnel
- Marketing to a growing number of people in the buying process
- Generating high quality leads, lead scoring, lead nurturing
- Creating high quality marketing content and messaging
- Inbound and Outbound marketing tactics
- Establishing an automated marketing process
- Marketing analysis and analytics
Contents of the report include:
- CMO Challenges
- B2B challenges increasing in pertinence
- Marketing to a growing number of people involved in the buying process
- Marketing to a lengthening sales cycle
- Marketing Automation Maturity
- Establishing marketing automation maturity
- Case briefing: Marketing automation leads to 190% sales conversion increase
- Marketing Automation KPIs
- Benchmarking marketing automation performance
- Recommended Actions
- Identify funnel stages and definitions
- Establish and optimize lead scoring and management methodologies
- Develop and optimize lead nurturing campaigns