Blogs should be the hub of content marketing because they combine the strength of social media with print-publishing functionality. You need to provide content at every step of the purchase process to keep customers engaged.
View Original Article
- Blogs are easy to use. - Limited skill and training is needed to update or modify content. Plus, blogs are inexpensive.
- Blogs are part of a company's owned media. - Blog content can be integrated into your website, or a blog can serve in lieu of a website.
- Blogs provide branded context for your content. - Extend your brand without paying for third party media.
- Blogs integrate your brand into your content marketing. - A blog's unique voice makes your brand feel "human".
- Blogs enhance search optimization. - Keyword-rich content and cross-linking.
- Blogs are a 24/7 communication platform. - Quick response to evolving issues.
- Blogs support an array of media formats. - Text, photographs, graphics, videos, audio, presentations and PDFs.
- Blogs facilitate content distribution through multiple channels. - Expand through email and RSS feeds with no added cost.
- Blogs supply content for social media interactions. - Currency for sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
- Blogs provide a targeted location to direct prospects and customers. - Destination for customers directed from other forms of content marketing.
- Blogs are flexible enough to support diverse initiatives. - Provide product related content, answer customer questions, attract new prospects.
- Blogs provide metrics that you can use to track content marketing to business goals. - Monitor your progress with a variety of metrics.