Michael Dortch on the CMO Site outlines the goal of the four C's of online content marketing, as well as questions to ask yourself about your preparedness.ContentGoal
: Create or find quality content, including landing pages and email copy.Questions
- Can IT support content creation and management tools?
- Can IT and Legal provide security and protection for you company's intellectual property?
- Are you using multiple tools? Can IT measure their adoption and effectiveness?
- Are channel and other marketing partners able to share content easily and securely?
: Support conversation on multiple social networks, and manage each interaction across multiple platforms.Questions
- Have you (with IT and Legal) developed and deployed policies for protecting your company's reputation and private information on social networks?
- How are you measuring the effectiveness and updating these policies?
: Make content and conversations compelling regardless of platform.Questions
- Are you committed to delivering optimal experiences to every user, regardless of platform?
- Have you developed a strategy for doing so with IT?
- Have you decided with Legal how to protect, track and manage access to corporate IP across all user platforms?
- How does your website and marketing content look on smartphones and tablets? How do your competitors' look?
: Turn marketing content into more customers, leads, revenues, profit, and positive perception.Questions
View Original Article
- Are you able to pull valuable data from your content and online experience management solutions? Are you able to turn that data into useful analysis and reports?
- How will senior management get and give the best information to drive company decisions?