“If people aren’t talking about you, they’re not talking about you for a reason. And the reason isn’t that they dislike you. They’re not talking about you because you’re boring.” - Seth Godin
Many marketers are faced with presenting interesting content for a boring brand. They should keep in mind that boring products solve problems. From Patricia Redsicker on the Content Marketing Institute blog, some ideas on how to frame a content strategy for boring brands.
Improve Customers' Lives or Help Them Do Their Jobs Better
- Address emergencies in your community
- Speak up for a groups in need
- Create content that resolves these problems.
Focus Content to Address Readers' Interests Rather Than the Product
- Decide who you want to attract
- Determine their lifestyle, interests and preferences
- Give them an entertaining, conversational forum
Surprise Your Audience
- Present your company in an unexpected way
- Go against your brands dull image
Find a Content Outlet that Maximizes Your Presentation Skills
- Content doesn't have to be writing.
- Try video, speaking engagements, training sessions
Encourage Discussion on ANY Topic
- Allow conversation that isn't promotional or pushy
View Original Article