From Dan Martell at Flowtown, here's a look at ways to move beyond buzzwords like "engagement" and "being social" to maximize your effectiveness on Twitter.
- Don't start Twitter without a plan.
- Don't over-plan your Twitter use.
- Twitter is the most "now" of social media.
- Frequent updates keep you top of mind with your audience and keeps you in the habit of using Twitter.
- Use a scheduling tool.
- A plan requires strategy. Decide what goals you want to reach by using Twitter.
- E.g. If you Tweet about a promotional giveaway, build up to the actual event, and then follow up when it's over.
- Monitor what your customers are saying, especially @replies and direct messages.
- Always reply.
- Handle negative comments publicly when that's the best option.
- Retweet positive comments.
- Thank positive commenters.
- Avoid having tweets that look and sound the same.
- Tweet links AND conversations AND retweet others.
View Original Article