The Hubspot blog has 16 ideas for worthwhile marketing goals for the coming year.
- Blog at least twice a week. - Companies that blog 6-8 times per month generate over twice as many leads as companies that blog just twice a month.
- Produce a video in the first quarter of 2013 and post it on YouTube. - Video content communicates a story better than almost any other form of content.
- Become an active contributor to social media by posting articles to your company’s social channels. - An active and helpful social presence can grow your reach and help promote your best content.
- Enhance your design skills. - Given the trend to more visual content, design skill development will be crucial for creating effective content for social media and other marketing channels.
- Conduct a website audit. - You may be missing optimization opportunities you didn't know existed.
- Educate yourself on the basics of SEO. - Recent Google algorithm changes include social performance into SEO.
- Optimize your landing pages with A/B tests. - Optimizing your landing pages can result in more conversions without generating more traffic.
- Do email A/B tests. - Optimizing an email before hitting send could increase open or click-through rates immensely.
- Set specific, numerical goals for every project. - Specific goals are necessary to evaluate and communicate successes.
- Track analytics. - Keep a pulse on how your marketing is performing on a regular basis.
- Track your leads to sales. - This will show you which marketing channels work the best.
- Encourage your team to independently measure their work. - You may benefit from fostering data-driven habits at every level as a tool to keep your marketing team accountable.
- Learn from an organization you love. - Dissect a company you admire to understand why their marketing works.
- Attend conferences and read smart content to further your marketing education. - You're never too busy to keep learning.
- Accept feedback from your boss, teammates, customers, and community. - Request feedback if it's not already given.
- Create marketing that people love. - Lovable marketing will get clicked on, shared, downloaded, linked to, and promoted more often by your audience.