Websites have become an important part of B2B marketing. If you’re developing a new website, it’s important to decide how the site will support your sales process and marketing campaigns. A website has taken the place of the corporate brochure, and it can play an important role in:
- Generating leads
- Nurturing existing leads
- Communicating to existing customers
- Helping you generate publicity about your company
The first step is to identify the role your site plays in your sales process and what users want and need to see before they’ll act. Once you’ve defined those requirements, you’ll have a good idea of what type of site that you will need.
It also helps to evaluate your current website to look for clues as to what you might need. Consider the following areas:
- Marketing campaigns - is it truly a marketing vehicle?
- Design - look, feel and layout
- Content - the information you present
- Functionality - tools and capabilities
- Technology - coding, load times, etc.
- Reporting - can you easily measure key metrics?
- Content management - can you easily add content and make changes without custom coding?
By answering these questions, you will be on the road towards better understand the type of site that you need to grow your business.
Want more resources for evaluating and improving your website? Get the Website Planning Kit and Strategy Guides. Download it Here