Important SEO Statistics
According to Search Engine Journal, at the very least, you should get your minimum viable search engine optimization (SEO) right and then move onto building your site. Beyond that, correctly implemented, "advanced" SEO techniques can really increase your traffic. Search Engine Journal has published a list of 24 SEO statistics to keep in mind when investing in your own SEO efforts. Here's a selection.
View Original Article
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Search and email are the top two Internet activities.
- Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages, which generates more leads.
- Inbound leads cost 61% lower than outbound leads.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate. Outbound leads have a 1.7% close rate.
- 79% of search engine users say they always/frequently click on the natural search results. 80% of search engine users say they occasionally/rarely/never click on the sponsored search results.
- Google owns 65-70% of the search engine market share.
- Over 100 billion global searches are conducted each month.
- 83% of internet users use search.
- Mobile internet users will reach 113.9 million in 2012.