From Ahava Leibtag on the Content Marketing Institute blog, here's a great checklist for content creation.
Creating Valuable Content: A Step-By-Step Checklist
Is the Content Findable?
- Use SEO best practices
- Use one h1 and multiple h2 tags on your web pages
- Customize the title tag, keywords and descriptor to describe the content
- Link to other pages on the site
- Use alt tags so images will appear in searches
- Post video to YouTube and/or Facebook
- Distribute audio in multiple formats
Is the Content Readable?
- Remember that users scan until they find the content they need
- Use the inverted pyramid style of writing with the most important information at the top
- Keep paragraphs short
- Use bullets and numbered lists
- Be consistent and use a style guide
Is the Content Understandable?
- Choose the right type (e.g. test, video, slideshow, etc.)
- Create reader personas and write to that
- Provide a context
- Based on personas and/or research, determine reading level of your audience
- Provide value
Is the Content Actionable?
- Include a call to action
- Enable user comments (public and private)
- Link to other relevant content
Is the Content Shareable?
- Provoke emotion
- Give a reason to share (value)
- Explicitly ask readers to share the content
- Make sharing easy with widgets
- Allow users to personalize the share
View Original Article