Hubspot has posted 30 of the best social media marketing tips and ideas from various social media gurus and experts. Here's a sample of some of those tips.
- Write blog content for your target audience, which is not necessarily yourself.
- Measure social media ROI by analyzing how it performs compared to more established channels or advertising methods.
- Blog about the problems your product or service solves, not about the product or service.
- Think of marketing as storytelling, and think of your customers as the characters.
- The medium isn’t the message.
- Choose to measure social media metrics that tell you how you’re doing based on why you’re doing social media in the first place.
- Use social media data to find your key influencers, outline your media plan, and develop your messaging.
- If you’re going to tell people to “like” your company on Facebook, have something of value waiting there for them.
- If your company makes a mistake on social media (e.g rogue tweets), step out and own up to the mistake.
- Here are three universal content blueprints to include in your company’s blogs: offer a new opinion, create a killer list, or teach your customers how to do something.
View Original Article