From author Erik Qualman, here's a video that looks at major trends in social media going into the next year.
Most impressive marketing fact:
- The Ford Explorer launch on Facebook generated more traffic than a Super Bowl ad.
Watch on YouTube
Digital Buzz Blog posted a huge slideshow from InSites Consulting of statistics, observations and facts on the uptake, experience and use of social media from around the world in 2011. There's a wealth of relevant marketing knowledge in the presentation.
Burson-Marsteller does an annual study of how companies are adapting to the rapid growth of social media. Here's an infographic of their 2012 findings.
- People are talking about the Fortune Global 100, a lot.
- Video content creation is on the rise.
- Engagement is second nature to companies.
- Multiple accounts on social media platforms allow companies to target audiences by geography, topic or service.
- Companies are adapting rapidly to new platforms.
View Original Article
Maria Petrescu of Intervistato.com interviews social media guru Brian Solis in this video. They talk about where social media is in 2012, and how it will continue to change society and business.
"It's not about the number of mentions or likes or tweets or comments you have, what matters is the number of mentions or like or tweets or comments you don't have, because that's where the future of business lies."
Watch on YouTube
Social media has gone from a fad to a significant element of how businesses market, communicate and publish in less than three years. From Jeff Bulla's keynote presentation at the BE-Wizard web conference, here is his top 10 trends in social media presentation.
10 Trends in Social Media
- Social Mobile
- Socialization of Search
- Location Based Marketing with Social
- Social Commerce
- Social Gaming
- Online Global Magazines and Super Blogs
- Global Micro Niche Business
- Social Apps
- Visual Social Web
- Convergence of Social and Traditional Media